Have you caught yourself saying: “I can’t get anything done.” Or “I have too much to do!”
If it’s getting to be your daily mantra, maybe it’s time to take action. You don’t have a lot of options, but here are a few:
1. Become more efficient. Find better ways to do things. Group things together.
2. Eliminate time wasters. Bejeweled Blitz. Surfing the net.
3. Get up earlier.
4. Stay up later.
5. Lower your expectations. Maybe you’re trying to do too much.
6. Delegate. Hire it done. Have your kids help.
7. Don’t do it. One way to mark things off your to-do list is to decide not to do them.
8. Plan. When I plan, I get more done. When I don’t plan, I get less done.
9. Keep a time log and figure out how you’re actually spending your time. Then make adjustments.
10. Slow down. Sometimes when we try to work faster we actually end up getting less done because we do it wrong and have to do it over or we get too tired and lose steam. Slowing down can actually speed you up sometimes.
11. Rearrange your schedule if you can. Sometimes we continue to do things the way we always did when that way doesn’t work any more.
Are you caught in either or both of the “I can’t get anything done” or “I have too much to do” scenerios? Would any of these strategies help you?