This recipe is another family favorite that I make often. It’s pretty easy and comes together quickly. Serve with salad and garlic bread and you have a delicious meal in a
minimal amount of time.
4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (1 pound) (I usually cut the chicken breasts in half or use chicken tenders)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ c. seasoned bread crumbs (I use the Italian seasoned bread crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons margarine (probably more like 4 or 6 tablespoons)
- 1-3/4 cups prego spaghetti sauce (this is barely enough sauce so you might want to add another cup or so)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella (2 oz.) (I don’t know if I use 2 oz. – I just add as much as I think looks good)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Using palm of hand, flatten chicken to even thickness. Dip chicken in egg, then in crumbs to coat. In skillet over medium heat, in hot margarine, brown chicken on both sides. Add Prego sauce. Reduce heat. Cover, simmer 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Cover. Simmer five minutes or until cheese melts. Serve over cooked spaghetti.