Who doesn’t love fajitas! This was a great recipe – quick and easy.
- 1 pound flank steak (or London Broil)
- 3 teaspoons Southwest Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 8 fajita-size flour tortillas, warmed
Cut steak across the grain into ¼-inch wide strips. In a large bowl, combine steak strips with Southwest Seasoning.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add steak; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Stir in lime juice.
Divide mixture among tortillas; fold tortillas in half. Serve with guacamole and/or sour cream.
I wasn’t able to get flank steak at my grocery store so I got round steak. The round steak was okay but it was a little tough. Even if I have to use round steak again, I will still make these.
I didn’t have the Southwest Seasoning Mix in my spice collection but I didn’t have any trouble finding it. It looks like this:
recipe from Recipe.com magazine, Fall 2012