Pizza dough is an extremely versatile dough and you can make all kinds of great things with it. Here are my top 5 favorites:
1. Pizza, of course!!! Here’s a great recipe for pizza dough that doesn’t have to rise. It makes 2 crusts. And if you’re like my family and want to make one wheat and one white, here’s how to do that, too.
2. Pizza Roll-Ups. These are SO easy! You simply make the pizza dough, roll it out, put your favorite toppings on, roll it up, slice it and bake it. Everybody loves these and you can use them as lunch, dinner or appetizers.
3. Salt and Pepper Rolls. These delicious rolls are made using pizza dough! So easy and delicious.
4. Breadsticks. Mix up the pizza dough as usual but include some spices (Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, garlic salt) and cheese. Divide the dough into balls and then roll them into ropes. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt and place them on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 for 6 to 8 minutes or until a little bit golden.
5. Ham & Cheese Roll-Ups. Similar to the pizza roll-ups, roll out the dough, sprinkle with shredded cheese. Place deli ham over the cheese. Add any other ingredients you want and roll up. You can either bake it as a roll (400 for about 20 minutes) or slice the roll and lay slices flat on the cookie sheet and bake at 400 for about 10 to 12 minutes. I personally prefer baking it as a roll and then slicing.
Here are a few other recipes that use a pizza-type dough:
What are your favorite recipes using pizza dough?