Most kitchens are just a little short on space – or maybe we have too much stuff – whatever the issue, it doesn’t hurt to have a few tricks to use the space we have better.
1. Purchase and install a Kitchen Wrap Organizer for your aluminum foil, plastic wrap, etc. You can purchase these pretty much anywhere and they’ll free up drawer space.
2. Store large kitchen utensils in a crock on the counter, again saving drawer space and keeping them handy.
3. Turn the lids on your casserole dishes upside down so you can stack your dishes. They’re easier to pull out of the cabinet, too, when the lid is upside down. I store all my dishes with lids that way, even if I’m not stacking them.4. Store your Tupperware and Rubbermaid lids in a plastic storage box so they’re easy to retrieve and take up less space.
5. If you have room, put an extra piece of furniture in your kitchen that you can use for additional storage. I have a cabinet at the end of my kitchen that I use for crock pots, recipe books, and large bowls.
6. Add shelves in your cabinets. Cabinets usually have too much space between shelves. If you add an extra shelf, you give yourself a lot more space. You can either actually add a matching wood shelf or you can buy the shelves you slide in.
7. Insert a bakeware organizer in one of your cabinets to hold your cookie sheets and other baking pans. My husband made one for us and put a small shelf underneath for cake pans and bread pans.
What are some ways you have squeezed more space out of your kitchen?