Looking for something simple and easy? This recipe isn’t fancy but it’s good, filling and inexpensive to make. I serve it with Italian Bread and a salad.
- ½ pound extra-lean ground beef (sometimes I use 1 lb. ground beef and
skip the oats
- 1 cup oats
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup non-fat cottage cheese
- 3 cups rigatoni, cooked
- 1 cup part-skim-milk mozzarella cheese,
- ¼ cup Romano cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a skillet, cook beef until browned and crumbled. Drain. Add oats to beef and stir well to incorporate.
Add spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese, and rigatoni to the beef and mix well. In a 13x9x2 baking dish, add rigatoni mixture and top with mozzarella and Romano cheeses. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- When Life Messes up your Menu Plan - March 13, 2016
- Why I Don’t Ever Want Another French Door Refrigerator - March 10, 2016
- When Your Best Friend Needs a Planner . . . - March 9, 2016