This healthy soup is really easy to make and tastes great. A one cup serving only has 64 calories!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- 2 (10-ounce) packages chopped frozen broccoli, thawed (or 1-1/4 pounds fresh broccoli which makes 7 cups coarsely chopped)
- 1 (8-ounce) potato, peeled & chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg (I omitted – we don’t like nutmeg)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a large saucepan, then sauté onion and garlic until tender. Mix in broccoli, potato and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, covered; then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
With a hand mixer or blender, puree mixture until smooth. Return to saucepan and reheat. Stir in nutmeg and salt and pepper, to taste.
from Allrecipes.com magazine, April/May 2014
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- When Life Messes up your Menu Plan - March 13, 2016
- Why I Don’t Ever Want Another French Door Refrigerator - March 10, 2016
- When Your Best Friend Needs a Planner . . . - March 9, 2016