I had a feeling these were going to be good but they were better than good. In fact, my family flipped over them. Easy and delicious! It doesn’t get any better than that.
- 1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic-pepper blend
- 8 ounces Velveeta, diced (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup) (1)
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/3 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 12 burger buns, split (2)
- Sliced dill pickles, if desired
Place beef in skillet; sprinkle with garlic-pepper blend. Cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
Spray 3 to 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix beef and remaining ingredients except buns in slow cooker. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 7 hours (3). Stir mixture before serving. Serve beef mixture with buns and pickles.
(1) I omitted the green pepper because my family isn’t crazy about it.
(2) We only got 8 sandwiches.
(3) Six to seven hours is probably too long – I’d say four would be perfect.
from Betty Crocker cookbook