Need something simple and quick? This is just the ticket. If you have instant rice and pre-cooked shredded chicken, it’s REALLY fast and easy. Of course, anything with cheese is good and the can of chilies really adds a nice flavor.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 4 cups cooked rice (instant or regular, brown or white)
- ¾ cups frozen corn
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt or sour cream
- 4 ounce can green chilies
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 cup cheddar cheese plus more for topping (I used a little bit more)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro for garnish (I omitted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except cilantro. Mix thoroughly to combine. Make sure the yogurt and cheese are stirred in through the entire bowl. Season with salt & pepper if desired (I didn’t).
- Transfer to a greased 9×13 dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and cheddar cheese.
Adapted from www.HowSweetEats.com