I think pizza dough is the most versatile dough there is! And here’s another great use for it – a delicious batch of cheesy rolls!
- One batch pizza dough (homemade, refrigerated or box mix is fine)
- Garlic butter (see recipes below or purchase from your local grocery store)
- 6 to 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese
Prepare pizza dough if you’re making your own. On a floured surface (I always use my pastry cloth), roll dough into a large rectangle. The size of the rectangle will depend on how much pizza dough you have. Homemade dough will probably roll bigger than the refrigerated dough.
Spread dough generously with garlic butter (I used Deluxe Garlic Butter below). Sprinkle dough generously with mozzarella cheese or whatever cheese you prefer (I used about 6 ounces). Roll dough jelly roll style.
Cut off about an inch from each end (the ends don’t usually have any good stuff in them). Then cut dough roll into slices. I ended up with 8 thick rolls out of my dough but I think next time I’ll make them smaller so I have 10 or 12 rolls.
Place rolls cut-side down in a greased 9×13 pan. Let rise while you heat oven to 400 degrees. Bake until golden (I baked 8 pretty thick rolls for about 17 minutes – smaller rolls won’t take as much time.) Serve warm.
Deluxe Garlic Butter
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground paprika
Combine and mix until smooth (I used electric mixer.)
Simple Garlic Butter
- ½ cup butter
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
Combine and mix until smooth (electric mixer will work best).