recipe from www.iVillage.com
I made this for the first time this week and was really pleased with the results. It was much easier than I expected it to be and went together very quickly. The most time consuming part was preparing the chicken (3 cups chopped and shredded chicken in the freezer would have saved time here) and boiling the noodles. The rest went fast but it looked like you spent a lot of time making it. Serve with salad or steamed vegetables and garlic bread.
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken (about 3 chicken breast halves)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups prego spaghetti sauce
In a medium bowl, combine chicken, cheeses, milk and pepper.
Spread ½ cup mixture on each lasagna noodle; roll jelly roll fashion.
In a 13×9 inch baking dish, spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce.
Arrange lasagna rolls, seam-side down, in sauce in baking dish. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce.
Cover. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until hot.
Serve, if desired, with additional Parmesan cheese.
NOTES: This was really good and lends itself well to all kinds of modifications, like:
- alfredo sauce instead of red sauce
- add chopped spinach or lay spinach leaves along the noodles before spreading the chicken mixture
- sprinkle with cheese on top of the final cup of spaghetti sauce
- add spices to the chicken mixture, perhaps oregano or Italian seasoning