This pasta dish was delicious and so easy! I purchased the rotisserie chicken on grocery store day, removed the meat and put it in the freezer until I was ready to make this dish. Delicious! I’ll definitely be making it again.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1-pound) bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed & chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) jar Alfredo sauce (1)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup water
- 3-1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- ½ (16-ounce) package fettuccine, cooked according to package directions (2)
- Garnish: shaved Parmesan cheese, chopped fresh parsley
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and next 3 ingredients. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until tender. Add Alfredo sauce, cheese and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in chicken and peas. Add pasta, stirring to combine. Garnish with Parmesan and parsley, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
(1) If you want to make it yourself, you can find a recipe here.
(2) I used linguini instead of fettuccine. I don’t have good luck cooking fettuccine.
(3) You could easily omit the vegetables if you wanted to or just use one of the two. If you prefer a different vegetable, like broccoli, that would work, too.
from Cooking with Paula Deen Magazine, March/April 2014