If you need a quick and tasty recipe for the family, this might be the one! It’s really easy, especially if you already have chopped green pepper in your freezer. The only negative is that the ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips are a little pricey. You could save money by fixing extra chicken the next time you grill and freezing it for this recipe.
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup chicken broth (I use chicken bouillon)
- ½ cup chopped frozen green pepper, thawed
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Cook the rice in broth according to package directions (I always forget to cook it in the broth!) Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté the green pepper and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken strips, corn, peas, basil and sage. Cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes over medium heat or until heated through. Stir in the rice, salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.