My family loves Mexican food so I frequently try new Mexican recipes. I actually saw this one in an ad in Food Network magazine. It looked good I wanted to try it. It did not disappoint.
- 4 cup shredded cooked chicken (1)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounce each) cream of chicken soup (2)
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 envelope (about 1 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 5 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
- Chopped tomato, sliced green onions and chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
Heat oven to 350. Lightly grease 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Stir the chicken, soup, sour cream, tomatoes and green chilies, beans and seasoning mix in large bowl.
Layer half the chicken mixture, 3 cups tortilla chips and half the cheese in the baking dish. Layer with remaining chicken mixture and tortilla chips. Cover the dish.
Bake 30 minutes. Uncover. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake uncovered 10 more minutes or until hot and bubbling and the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with the chopped tomato, green onion and cilantro before serving, if desired.
(1) Don’t forget you can shred chicken in your kitchen-aid mixer or with your hand held mixer. Either of these methods are a LOT easier than using two forks. You can read about them here.
(2) If you don’t want to buy cream of chicken soup, you can make your own using this recipe.
Other great recipes are available in the Recipe Index.