Made this recipe for the first time last week and it was DELICIOUS! It’s another one of those recipes that goes together easily, uses ingredients I have on hand, and tastes awesome.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 8 tablespoons cocoa powder, divided
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 cups very hot tap water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, 6 tablespoons of cocoa, and 1-1/2 cups of the white sugar. Reserve the remaining cocoa and sugar.
- Stir the milk, melted butter and vanilla into the flour mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreased 9×13 baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining white sugar (1 cup), the brown sugar and the remaining 8 tablespoons of cocoa. Sprinkle mixture evenly over the batter.
- Pour the hot tap water over all. DO NOT STIR!
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the center is set.
- Let stand for a few minutes. Serve with ice cream using the gooey sauce to spoon over all.
*Discovered this recipe at http://www.beckybakes.net/.