I made these for the first time last night and they were awesome! However, next time I’m going to chop the malted milk balls that go on the top instead of putting them on whole.
- 4 cups malted milk balls, divided
- 1 package (10 ounce) large marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 cup malted milk powder, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
Chop 1 cup malted milk balls; set aside.
In a Dutch oven, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in the cereal, ¾ cup malt powder and chopped candy. Press into a greased 13×9 pan.
In microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in remaining malt powder. Spread over cereal bars. Top with remaining malted milk balls. Let stand until set. Cut into squares.
from Taste of Home Magazine, August/September 2009