I just made these bars last week. I’ve had the recipe for a long time but hadn’t made them for a while. I forgot how good they were!
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 8 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- 2 tbsp. water
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Gradually stir in cereal until well coated. Press half the mixture into a
greased 13x9x2 pan; set remaining mixture aside (it doesn’t get stiff like rice crispy treats – I was concerned about that).
In another large microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chips and butter. Stir in water until blended (it takes a minute). Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar, stirring until smooth.
Spread over cereal layer (don’t worry if it’s not perfect – you don’t see it once you put the other layer of cereal mixture on). Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes or until chocolate layer is set. Spread remaining cereal mixture over the top. Chill before cutting. 2 dozen.
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- When Life Messes up your Menu Plan - March 13, 2016
- Why I Don’t Ever Want Another French Door Refrigerator - March 10, 2016
- When Your Best Friend Needs a Planner . . . - March 9, 2016