Just in case you’re getting tired of holiday food, here’s a meal that’s easy to prepare and delicious! And as a bonus, the corn spoon bread would make a nice addition to your Christmas table if you need another side dish.
- 2 lbs. ground turkey, browned and drained
- 2 (16 oz. each) cans petite diced tomatoes (I don’t like chunks of tomato so I puree my tomatoes before putting in crock pot)
- 1 can kidney beans, undrained
- 2 cans pinto beans, undrained
- 1 packet of Williams seasoning (to season 2 pounds of meat)
Mix all together in greased crock pot. Cook on low for two or three hours or until heated through.
If you prefer, you can combine ingredients in dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or so.
Serve with grated cheese and corn chips.
UPDATE: I recently discovered French’s Chili-O seasoning which I love even more than Williams. I use one package for the whole batch of chili and it’s awesome!
Corn Spoon Bread
1 pkg. jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 can creamed corn – don’t drain
- 1 can whole corn, drained
- 1 8-oz. container sour cream
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
Grease 11×7 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.