I made this for the first time last week. I’ve seen it on Pinterest and thought it was something my husband might like. He liked it a lot. I also shared some with my daughter and son-in-law and they thought the recipe was a keeper, too.
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, chopped
- ½ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes (I used 3 oz. bag – at my store they were with dried fruit)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese with a touch of Philadelphia, divided (couldn’t find this so I just used regular mozzarella)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream Cheese Mixture: Beat cream cheese, milk and garlic powder with mixer until well blended; stir in 2 tablespoons basil. (Mixture will be soupy.)
Chicken Mixture: Combine chicken, artichokes, tomatoes, 1 cup mozzarella, parmesan and ½ cream cheese mixture (see above).
Spread half of the remaining cream cheese mixture onto bottom of greased 13×9 baking dish; cover with 3 noodles and 1/3 of the chicken mixture. Repeat layers of noodles and chicken mixture twice. Top with remaining noodles, cheese sauce and mozzarella.
Cover (spray bottom side of aluminum foil with pam to minimize sticking). Bake 25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining basil.