I was worried this chicken would be a pain to make but it wasn’t at all. It came together quickly and tasted awesome. I especially liked it with the sauce drizzled over the top. I’ll definitely be making this again.
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 (14-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
1. Cut each chicken breast into 3 large chunks.
2. In a small food processor (or put crackers in a gallon zip lock and smash with a rolling pin or can), grind up the ritz crackers. Add ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and mix well.
3. Put milk, cheese and cracker crumbs in three separate pans.
4. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk, then the cheese, then the cracker crumbs.
5. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and place chicken on the pan.
6. Sprinkle the chicken with dried parsley.
7. Cover the pan with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
8. Combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter in a medium-sized sauce pan over medium-high heat and cook, stirring frequently, until sauce is hot. Serve over the chicken.