My mom discovered this recipe recently and shared it with me. I made it for the first time last week. It was very easy and tasted good. I served it with rice, salad and tortilla chips.
- 6 corn tortillas, torn into pieces (don’t use flour – they’ll get too doughy)
- 1 can Ranch style beans
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes, undrained
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey, fried with chili powder and garlic powder to taste, and drained
- 8 oz. Velveeta, cubed
Place in order given in your greased crock pot. Cook 3 to 4 hours on low. Serve with salad.
- My mom made this, too, but she used 4 oz. of Velveeta and said it was plenty. I used 8 oz. and thought it was just right.
- I used two cans of cream of chicken soup instead of one cream of mushroom and one cream of chicken because I don’t like cream of mushroom. It tasted just fine.
- The meat directions were a little loosey goosey for me so I used a package of taco seasoning instead and it tasted great. I browned the meat with the taco seasoning (did not add any liquid), drained the grease and then added the meat to the casserole.