- 1 can cherry pie mix (you could probably use other flavors instead – it doesn’t have to be cherry)
- 1 6-ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
- ½ box white cake mix (save the other half for the next time you make Dump Cake)
- ½ stick margarine or butter
Dump cherry pie mix into a greased 8×8 pan (I use pie plate). Stir in crushed pineapple. Sprinkle cake mix over the top. Cut margarine in pieces and evenly distribute over cake mix.
Bake one hour at 350 ( baked mine only 50 minutes).
Marj says this can be made in the crock pot. Here are her instructions: Put a 21oz can of pie filling on the bottom of the crockpot. Sprinkle a whole box of cake mix over the pie filling. Drizzle 1/2 cup butter over all of it and sprinkle with chopped walnuts, if desired. Cook on low in crockpot 2-3 hours. Turns out great. I serve it with vanilla ice cream.
Kris says she’s made this recipe with pumpkin pie filling and it was awesome.
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- Are a Grocery List and Menu Plan Really Necessary?! - February 9, 2016
- Salmon & Spinach Salad with Avocado - February 9, 2016
- What’s For Dinner (No. 192) & Cooking Tips, Too! - December 14, 2015