You know how you have certain recipes that you make for company and other recipes you make for everyday? This is an everyday recipe. It’s nothing spectacular but it tastes good and is easy to prepare. I’ll definitely be making it again.
- 4 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces cooked rotini pasta
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 4 cups frozen vegetables, thawed (1)
- 2-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (2)
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine three tablespoons of butter with the milk, pastas, chicken, veggies and cheddar cheese in an 8-inch baking dish. (3)
Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan and remaining butter in a small bowl; sprinkle on top.
Bake 30 minutes or until heated through. Makes 6 servings.
(1) I used a 16 ounce bag of California mix vegetables. Any kind will work.
(2) Next time I’ll probably use Velveeta or cheese whiz. You could actually use any kind of cheese you want.
(3) I may have had a little more than 2 cups of chicken but I couldn’t fit everything in an 8×8 dish. I used a 9×13 baking dish.
(4) This recipe is really versatile. You can use any combination of vegetables, any type of cheese and any shape of pasta you want.