These delicious and beautiful peanut butter truffles are sure to be a crowd pleaser. In addition, if you have kids, they’ll enjoy helping you roll the candy in the different coatings. Anything that goes with peanut butter will taste great.
- 1 teaspoon plus ¼ cup butter, divided
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped honey roasted peanuts or miniature semisweet chocolate chips (1)
Line an 8-inch square pan with foil; grease foil with 1 teaspoon butter.
In a small saucepan, combine honey and remaining butter over medium heat; cook and stir until blended. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Remove from heat; whisk in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla. Spread in prepared pan. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm.
Place peanuts in a shallow bowl. Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Remove foil; cut candy into 64 squares. Roll squares into balls; roll in peanuts. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
(1) The mini chocolate chips look pretty but they’re hard to work with. You can’t just roll the candy in the chips – you have to press them into the candy. I found that the peanuts worked best if they were chopped very fine. I also rolled the candy in crushed m&m’s and also granola.
from Taste of Home magazine, February/March 2014
More great recipes are available in the Recipe Index.
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- When Life Messes up your Menu Plan - March 13, 2016
- Why I Don’t Ever Want Another French Door Refrigerator - March 10, 2016
- When Your Best Friend Needs a Planner . . . - March 9, 2016