My friend, Kathy Uhl, found this recipe on www.tasteofhome.com, tried it, liked it and recently shared it with me. I made it last week and thought it was awesome. I’ll definitely be adding it to my recipe collection.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup (I used cream of chicken)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained (I omitted – I don’t like mushrooms)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken (this will be easy if you already have shredded chicken in your freezer)
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large pan, combine the soup, cream cheese, mushrooms, cream, butter and garlic powder. Stir in cheeses; cook and stir until melted. Add chicken; heat through. Drain fettuccine; add to the sauce.
Transfer to a shallow greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish (I used a 9×13 dish). Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over chicken mixture. Cover and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. 6-8 servings.