If you’re looking for a really easy dish to take to your next family picnic or serve with dinner, look no more. This dish is not only easy and delicious but it looks beautiful, too.
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 block (8 ounces) mozzarella cheese, cubed
- ½ cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Place beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
Place beans in a large salad bowl. Add the remaining ingredients; gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings
- I used frozen green beans and cooked them in the microwave for about 6 minutes.
- I used a 10-ounce package of grape tomatoes and cut each tomato in half.
- Instead of fresh basil, I used 1 teaspoon of dried basil.
- I only used a sprinkle of salt and pepper – definitely not the amount called for.
from Taste of Home Magazine
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- When Life Messes up your Menu Plan - March 13, 2016
- Why I Don’t Ever Want Another French Door Refrigerator - March 10, 2016
- When Your Best Friend Needs a Planner . . . - March 9, 2016