I’m always looking for good marinades and this one was definitely a winner. It was easy to make and really good!
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings
NOTE: I baked the chicken in the oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Everything tastes better grilled but it didn’t work out for the schedule that day. We thought it tasted great baked, too.
from Taste of Home Magazine, May/June 2009