If you haven’t jumped on the planner bandwagon yet because the planners you’ve seen are too complicated or too expensive, then this post is for you. If you want a planner but want it super simple and super cheap, here’s a way to do it.
1. Purchase Supplies.
- A 3-ring notebook that holds 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 paper (anywhere from $3 to $6)
- Lined 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 paper ($3)
- Post-It note tabs ($3)
- Single hole punch ($2) – if you make your own pages
You should be able to find these supplies at your local office supply store or possibly even Wal-mart or Target.
2. Set-up the dividers.
To keep it really simple, you can set up a few sections using the notebook paper and the post-it note tabs. For example, you might have:
- To-Do List
3. Set-up the sections.
Download: Monthly Calendar
Master To-Do List or Daily Page
For your calendar pages you have several options, including:
- Purchase the format of your choice from your local office supply store.
- Use your smart phone for appointments and use the paper planner for information, details and your to-do list.
- Print your own pages using forms on this blog or on philofaxy.
- Draw by hand the format you want.
- Use blank paper and do your own thing.
And that’s it. Now you have a super simple and super cheap planner.
DISCLAIMER: I do not use a super simple and super cheap planner. I prefer mine complicated and expensive. I just wanted you to know that.