I love making cards but I’m not extremely good at it. My daughter-in-law, Ashley, on the other hand, makes AWESOME cards. She spends a lot of time and effort and her cards are amazing! Here’s a sample of hers:
But I can’t do what she does. So I’ve had to come up with my own way to make cards. My cards use just three supplies:
- A card and envelope pack purchased from your local craft store (don’t get the shiny cards)
- A pair of scissors
- A package of highlighters
Using just those three items, I’m able to make cards that are fun, colorful and personal. Oh, and did I mention EASY AND FAIRLY QUICK? I don’t have a lot of time so QUICK works for my schedule. And I’m not very artistic, so EASY works for my limited abilities.
If you want to try making cards with highlighters, here are a few samples to get you started.
- I decorate the outside of the card, the inside edges and the front of the envelope – all matching in some manner.
- If you don’t want to put a message on the front of the card, fill it in with more drawings or attach a photo or use stickers.
- Your cards don’t have to be perfect! They’re obviously homemade so don’t worry if your lines aren’t quite straight or the design doesn’t look quite as good as you hoped. Hopefully the recipient of the card will be blown away by the fact that you took the time to make a card for them and send it to them.
That’s it. I told you it was quick and easy. So think about some people who would love getting a card from you and see what magic you can do with just paper, scissors and highlighters.
And send me pictures of your creations! I’d love to see what you come up with.