I used to have an “off brand” stand-up mixer. It worked okay. But then I got a Kitchen-Aid stand-up mixer and I’ll never go back! I LOVE my Kitchen-Aid. It is the one tool I would not want to live without. In fact, I’ve told my husband several times that if it ever quits on me (it’s 10 years old), I’m going out that day to get another one. I probably use it an average of at least once a day. I also made sure my daughter and daughter-in-law have one, too.
If you have a Kitchen-Aid, you know what I’m talking about. If you don’t, you are missing out! This is an incredible machine. Most people think all it does is mix up batter or bread but it does more than that. This machine can do a LOT! Here are a few things I do with mine:
- Mix up the meat mixture for meatloaf.
- Mix up the meat mixture for meatballs. I always mixed up meat with my hands and one day decided to try it in the Kitchen-Aid. It worked awesome and I always do it that way now.
- Meringue. You can mix up meringue with a hand mixer but I think it’s a lot easier in the Kitchen-Aid.
- Mash potatoes.
- Hummus. Sometimes I use my Cuisanart Food Processor for hummus but I also have done it in the Kitchen-Aid.
- Pie Dough. I’ve tried making pie dough in the food processor but I can’t quite get it the consistency I want. But I have perfect success in my Kitchen-Aid.
- And this is a new one that I am extremely excited about – shred chicken. I read somewhere on-line that you could shred chicken in the Kitchen-Aid. I didn’t quite believe but I was going through the tedious process of shredding chicken for a chicken tortilla soup I was making (that delicious recipe will be on the blog this weekend) and decided to give it a try. It was amazing!!! I will be doing that from now on.
- Of course, I always use it for the usual things like bread, cookie dough, cake batter, egg noodles, etc.
So if you don’t have a Kitchen-Aid stand up mixer, you might want to save your money and get one. It is an awesome tool and worth every penny.