I was looking for something special to make for my stepfather’s birthday dinner and decided to try this. Oh, my. It was delicious. I especially liked it because it was easy and SO versatile. You’ll see what I mean after you read the recipe.
- Family-size brownie mix (1)
- Ice cream (2)
- Toppings (3)
- Mix up the brownies according to package directions. Spread in a greased pizza pan – about 14”. (4)
- Bake for 10 or 15 minutes – watch closely.
- Let brownie cool. When cool, spread softened ice cream over the top.
- Add toppings of your choice.
- Freeze several hours.
(1) I made a plain brownie mix but you could use anything you wanted. You could also use cookie dough.
(2) I used about ¾ of the half gallon container. Use any flavor you want. I went with vanilla.
(3) I used mini m&m’s, chocolate covered pretzels (broken up), chocolate shavings and sprinkles. I drizzled it with Nestle chocolate milk topping. Again, you could use anything. We especially loved the pretzels.
(4) I used a 14” glass dish with 1” sides. It worked PERFECT!
(5) The family said it would also be good with a layer of chocolate fudge.