Laundry. It’s never completely done. It’s kind of like shoveling snow in a snow storm. You keep shoveling but it just keeps coming!
Maybe you’re struggling with laundry right now. You can’t seem to find a good system for getting it done. If that’s the case, here are a few scheduling ideas. Maybe one of them would be just the solution you need:
- Have scheduled days. For years I’ve done my laundry on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Each laundry day I do three loads: colds, darks and whites. Lately I haven’t had as much laundry on Wednesday so I sometimes only have one or two loads on that day. I’ve tried skipping Wednesday a couple of times but then we ran out of a few things and Friday loads were HUGE. So I’ll stick with Wednesday.
- One load per day with a catch-up day when you do whatever’s left.
- One day per week – do laundry from morning until night. This would only work if you had enough clothes, towels, etc. to last a whole week.
- Throw in a load in the morning before you go to work; switch it to the dryer when you get home; fold it before you go to bed. That’s what I did when I was working full-time.
- Wash a load at bedtime; switch it to the dryer in the morning and fold it when you get home from work.
If your laundry isn’t getting done, there could be a lot of reasons – including the fact that you just don’t like doing laundry! But regardless of the reason, switching up your laundry schedule could be the magic bullet you need to get it done – at least for a while.
What’s your laundry routine? How’s it working?