How about some salad? This is an easy-to-make salad that looks really pretty in a clear glass bowl. It also tastes delicious!
- 1 head lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 6 strips bacon, fried crisp & crumbled (I use a small pkg. of bacon pieces)
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. frozen peas (petite peas work best)
- parmesan cheese
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small flowerets
- ½ c. thinly sliced green onions
- 1 heaping c. mayonnaise, mixed with 2 tsp. sugar
Reserve bacon; pour boiling water over peas in colander; let drain. Place lettuce in large bowl. Layer peas, onion and cauliflower on top of lettuce. Spread (as if icing the top
layer) mayonnaise over vegetables & sprinkle liberally w/grated cheese. Cover tightly, refrigerate overnight. Before serving, sprinkle on reserved bacon bits and toss to coat vegetables.