If you like warm, hearty, healthy soups, then you’ll want to try this one. It’s easy to make and tastes great.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (32-ounce) cartons vegetable broth
- 1 pound lentils, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) package baby spinach (about 6 cups)
In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, for 8 minutes or until vegetables are slightly tender.
Add vegetable broth, lentils, tomato paste, thyme, and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
Stir in spinach; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until lentils are tender.
from Quick & Easy Meals
by Paula Deen