I was pretty sure this recipe would be good and it was! It’s also really versatile. You can add some chicken or use a different combination of vegetables. And to make it even better, it was easy to prepare and was ready in about 15 minutes.
- 1 container (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 ounces dried small shell pasta (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen broccoli, cauliflower & carrots (California mix)
- 1-1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used 2 cups)
- In a Dutch oven, bring broth to boiling over high heat.
- Add pasta; return to boiling. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables; simmer for 5 minutes more or until pasta and vegetables are tender.
- In a screw-top jar, combine milk and flour. Cover and shake well. Add to pasta mixture; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add cheese and cook and stir until cheese melts.
recipe from recipe.com magazine, Fall 2012