I found this Macaroni and Cheese recipe in a magazine a while back and decided to try it. It’s easy to make and it tastes AWESOME. I’m not a big mac & cheese fan but I love this and make it often.
- 1 box (1 pound) penne pasta
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 350. Coat a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Bring a large pot of water to boiling.
- Once water boils, add penne. Cook 6 minutes, then drain. In a large bowl, toss together cheddar, swiss and parmesan. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth and slightly bubbly. In a thin stream, whisk in milk. Stir in onion powder, salt and cayenne. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk in 2-1/2 cups of the cheese mixture.
- In the pasta pot, stir together the cooked penne and the cheese sauce. Pour half into prepared baking dish (the pan will seem too big but that’s okay – just spread it out). Sprinkle with generous cup of the cheese. Spoon remaining penne into dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
The following two tabs change content below.
Born in Kentucky, I am a wife and mom to 1 son and 2 daughters . I have an ink pen obsession, as well as a love for all things planner. I have been married for 10 years to my high school crush. I am a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.