I never go to the grocery store without a list of what I need to buy. Regardless of whether I’m just picking up a few things or shopping for the week, I always have a list. Why? Because if I don’t have a list, I don’t get what I need.
Making a list when you’re picking up a few things is pretty easy. But the weekly list can be a little overwhelming. Here are some ways to make it easier:
- When you get home from the store, put a blank grocery list on your refrigerator. Then read through your register receipt and put on your new list all the things you just bought that you know you’ll be buying again next week. For example: milk, eggs, bread, cereal, etc.
- During the week, whenever you notice something is getting low, put it on the list.
- Finally, fill in with ingredients needed for meals (a menu plan will provide that information – but that’s a topic for another day).
That’s it. The list is made and you’re ready to go grocery shopping.
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- When Life Messes up your Menu Plan - March 13, 2016
- Why I Don’t Ever Want Another French Door Refrigerator - March 10, 2016
- When Your Best Friend Needs a Planner . . . - March 9, 2016