Next time you need an appetizer, gives these Mini Sausage Quiches a try. They were delicious!
- 1/2 pound sausage (I used Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage)
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced chives (omitted – didn’t have any)
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a large skillet, brown sausage and onion over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chives.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Cut into 48 pieces. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- Fill each with about 2 teaspoons of sausage mixture. In a large bowl, combine the eggs and cheeses. Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
NOTE: I ended up using 1 pound of sausage instead of ½ pound. I also ended up needing a little more of the cheese mixture. So either have some extra on hand or be careful when filling the shells to be sure you have enough.
from Taste of Home magazine