I was pleasantly surprised at how easy this dessert was to make and not surprised at all that it tasted awesome! If you like cheesecake and moon pies, you’re gonna love this dessert!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 chocolate-marshmallow sandwich cookies, finely chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) bar semisweet chocolate melted
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 13×9 inch baking dish with foil, allowing edges to overhang 2 to 3 inches; press overhang against outside of pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Bake 6 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream. Add chopped cookies, stirring gently to combine. Spoon batter over prepared crust.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until bars are set. Let cool completely. Using excess foil as handles, lift cheesecake bars from pan. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Let stand 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm. Cut into bars.
I used Little Debbie chocolate marshmallow cookies. There were 8 cookies in the box. My family had eaten some of them before I made the dessert, so when I was ready to make the dessert, there were five left. I went ahead and used all of them in the dessert. We didn’t think five was too many.
If you don’t want to buy a chocolate bar for the chocolate drizzle on top, just melt chocolate chips. It’s actually cheaper if you do.
I didn’t do foil handles. I greased a glass 9×13 dish and put the dessert directly in the dish. We didn’t have any trouble getting the bars out.
From Cooking with Paula Deen, March/April 2013
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- Tracking on Regular Planner Pages - February 10, 2016
- Are a Grocery List and Menu Plan Really Necessary?! - February 9, 2016
- Salmon & Spinach Salad with Avocado - February 9, 2016