I was looking for something new to try and found this recipe in an old cookbook – one of those cookbooks where lots of people contribute recipes. The recipe was a little hard to follow and I’m pretty sure one of the ingredients was wrong (it called for evaporated milk but I think they really meant sweetened condensed milk) but it turned out okay. No, it turned out great! See what you think.
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- ½ cup margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I omitted)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2-1/4 cups coconut
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- ½ cup cocoa
- 2-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cake ingredients and spread into greased 9×13 pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Mix filling ingredients and gently spread over cake. Return to oven for 12 more minutes.
- Remove from oven. Mix frosting ingredients and pour over top of cake. Enjoy.