I wasn’t sure I would like this since I’m not a big fan of pretzels but I was pretty sure my family would. And they did. But I liked it, too. I didn’t really taste the pretzels especially with all the other goodies.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup plain M&M’s
In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the sugar and corn syrup. Microwave on high for 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in peanut butter until blended. Add the cereal, pretzels and M&M’s; stir until coated. Press into a greased 15x10x1 pan. Cut into bars. Yield about 5 dozen.
- I broke the pretzel sticks into smaller pieces.
- You’ll get 5 dozen if you cut them really tiny which I didn’t. I cut half of the pan into smaller pieces and the other half into bigger pieces so I ended up with 12 big pieces and 24 smaller pieces.
from Quick Cooking Magazine
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- When Life Messes up your Menu Plan - March 13, 2016
- Why I Don’t Ever Want Another French Door Refrigerator - March 10, 2016
- When Your Best Friend Needs a Planner . . . - March 9, 2016