I haven’t made a dessert like this in a while and it was DELICIOUS!!! I’m guessing David liked it, too, since he ate three bars at one sitting. No, it’s not gluten free. But it was worth every bite. You’re going to want to make this – as soon as possible.
By the way, I just call it the Chocolate Pretzel Dessert. It’s easier.
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 cups broken, small pretzel twists
- 2 cups (12 oz. package) semi-sweet chocolate chips
Line 13×9 pan with foil leaving overhang on two sides. (1) Lightly spray with pam.
Beat 1-1/4 cups peanut butter and butter in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in 1 cup powdered sugar. Stir in remaining 1 cup powdered sugar, 3 cups pretzel pieces and ½ cup morsels. Press evenly in prepared baking pan. Smooth top with spatula.
Microwave remaining 1-1/2 cup morsels and ¾ cup peanut butter in medium, uncovered bowl on medium high (70%) for 45 seconds. Stir. If necessary, microwave at additional 10-15 second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
Spread chocolate layer evenly over powdered sugar mixture. Sprinkle with remaining pretzel pieces, pressing down lightly. (2) Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
(1) I did not do this. I put them directly in the pan.
(2) After about 30 minutes in the refrigerator, I cut the dessert into bars. I’ve discovered that when desserts have a chocolate top, sometimes when you cut them after they’ve hardened, the top breaks. So I like to cut them before the topping gets too hard. When you re-cut later, it’s a LOT easier.
from verybestbaking.com (Nestle)