My planning system includes tabbed monthly calendars and daily pages. But the monthly calendar pages aren’t very big and I have a lot of stuff to write – especially lately.
So I came up with a solution – abbreviations and symbols. Here are a few samples:
- S for real estate showings.
- Reminder to take cd of thyroid scan to doctor’s appointment. I also put a note about where the cd was located because I knew I’d forget where I put it.
- Guest post deadline and posting date.
- When I started new medication.
- My aunt’s 90th birthday party. I wrote the event on my calendar and the details in the Notes section. Those could also have gone on the daily page except the party was planned in advance and I didn’t have my daily pages in yet.
- My dog, Shelby’s, heartworm medicine.
- Internet problems.
- Oops. I have no clue what this Q means. So if you decide to use abbreviations or symbols, it’s really important to have a key somewhere so you don’t have to wonder.
What do you do when you run out of room on your monthly pages? Do you use abbreviations or symbols or some other system?