This recipe is one of my comfort food recipes. My mom’s been making these as long as I can remember. For some reason, I had a craving for them recently and finally had an opportunity to make them. They were just as delicious as I remembered. The squares have a shortbread crust topped with refreshing lemon filling. So good! If you haven’t made these for a while, maybe it’s time to make them again.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 to 8 tablespoons lemon juice (I used 6)
- additional confectioners’ sugar for dusting
In a bowl, combine the flour, butter and confectioners’ sugar. Pat into an ungreased 8-inch square baking pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
For filling, in a small bowl, beat eggs. Add the sugar, flour, baking powder and lemon juice. Beat until frothy. Pour over the hot crust. Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until edges are light golden brown (I baked mine 20 more minutes). Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Cut into squares. Yield: 9 squares.
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- When Life Messes up your Menu Plan - March 13, 2016
- Why I Don’t Ever Want Another French Door Refrigerator - March 10, 2016
- When Your Best Friend Needs a Planner . . . - March 9, 2016