I love Lipton’s Onion Soup Mix and use it often. But it’s gotten expensive and sometimes I don’t have it when I need it. So I did some searching and found a recipe on www.food.com so now I can make it myself.
- ¾ cup instant minced onion
- 1/3 cup beef bouillon powder
- 4 teaspoons onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed celery seeds
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- About 5 tablespoons of mix are equal to 1 1-1/4 oz. package.
- To make onion dip: Mix 5 tablespoons with one pint of sour cream.
For a single serving:
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 8 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned pepper
Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.