Organizing is NOT my thing. I’m excellent at maintaining or tweaking, but starting from scratch is not my cup of tea.
Unfortunately I need to organize my granddaughter’s room at my house. We’ve painted, furnished and accessorized (mostly) but now I’m paralyzed.
I’ve looked at photos. I’ve gone through the organizing sections at Wal-mart and Target. I’ve analyzed. I just can’t figure out what to do.
Can you help me?
I know from your comments on my posts that there are a lot of great organizers out there and I could sure use your help. So in case you’re willing, here’s the scoop.
Ivy is 5-1/2 years old. She stays at my house one or two times a week and has a lot of toys here. There are already some storage options in the room, including:
- A dresser with three large drawers & two small drawers.
- Two nightstands, each with a small drawer and larger drawer.
- A cedar chest at the end of her bed.
- Two closets that are empty except for a shelf at the top.
- Two large drawers under each closet.
- Four drawers in the window seat between the closets.
- A four-shelf bookcase with books. We have another one in the basement that could be used in her room.
Most of the storage is available for her stuff although I’d like to reserve some of it for some of household items like rugs, towels, sheets and cleaning rags.
Ivy’s toys include:
- Stuffed animals.
- Doctor kit (in her nightstand)
- A container of character sets like Daniel Tiger, Olivia, Hello Kitty, etc.
- Legos (one small box)
- Duplos (two boxes)
- Bigger blocks – three containers (she plays with these a lot)
- Art supplies
- Puzzles (four or five)
- Fabric for her dolls.
- Doll bed
- Doll house
- Doll booster seat
- Grocery cart
- Balls (a couple)
- Mr. Potato
- Odds & ends
- Doll clothes
- Tent & sleeping bag
I went through everything about two months ago and got rid of a lot. But Ivy loves her stuff and plays with most of it at least some of the time.
I’m willing to buy containers if I need to but I don’t want to spend more than $50.
Please have mercy on this organizationally challenged blogger and help me organize this room!