This is an easy and delicious and healthy side dish. I’m not a big vegetable fan but even I like it.
- 2 medium potatoes, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut in chunks
- 2 medium onions (I usually use a red onion and a white or yellow onion)
- 1 cup baby carrots (if they’re on the big side, sometimes I cut them in half so they’ll be sure to cook through – otherwise they might be a bit crunchy)
- 1/3 cup fat free Italian dressing
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 green pepper
Put all ingredients except green pepper in sprayed 13×9 pan. Cover and cook 15 minutes in 500 degree oven.
Cut green pepper in 1-inch squares and add. Cover and cook 15 more minutes.
Remove cover and bake 10 more minutes.
NOTE: Usually I’m cooking something else at the same time so the 500 degree oven doesn’t work for me. In that case, I cook the vegetables (without the green pepper) at 400 degrees, covered, for 30 minutes. Then I uncover the vegetables, add the pepper and cook uncovered another 30 minutes.
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- When Life Messes up your Menu Plan - March 13, 2016
- Why I Don’t Ever Want Another French Door Refrigerator - March 10, 2016
- When Your Best Friend Needs a Planner . . . - March 9, 2016