I made this for the first time last night. It was really good and I will definitely be making it again.
- 20 oreos, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1 carton (16 ounces) cool whip, thawed, divided
- 15 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
Crush 16 cookies; toss with the butter. Press into an ungreased 9-inch square dish; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and 1 cup confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups.
In another large bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and remaining confectioners’ sugar on low speed for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in remaining whipped topping.
Spread over peanut butter cups. Crush remaining cookies; sprinkle over the top. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours. Yield: 12-16 servings.
I didn’t notice that the recipe called for 16 ounces of cool whip. I only bought an 8 ounce container but was fortunate enough to have another 8 ounce container in the freezer.
I used 4 or 5 cookies for the garnish on top instead of just two. I didn’t crush them to powder – I just chunked them which I think looked better.
I got 9 servings instead of 12 to 16. My family would have objected to servings that small. Nine was just right.
I found this recipe on www.tasteofhome.com.
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- Are a Grocery List and Menu Plan Really Necessary?! - February 9, 2016
- Salmon & Spinach Salad with Avocado - February 9, 2016
- What’s For Dinner (No. 192) & Cooking Tips, Too! - December 14, 2015