These were a big hit at my house. I’ll definitely be making them again . . . and soon!
- Roll of refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 8 ounce container cool whip
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- one bag chocolate covered pretzels, broken into small pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Divide cookie dough between 2 whoopie pie pans or you could use muffin tins or small tart pans or whatever you happen to have.
Bake 12-15 minutes depending on the pan you’re using. In the whoopie pie pans it took 7 or so minutes. Let cool completely.
Whisk together the pudding mix and cold milk until thick. Fold in cool whip and peanut butter. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Spoon filling over each cookie crust and top with crushed chocolate pretzels. Serve cold. Makes 24 using whoopie pie pans.
- You’ll have a little bit of filling left over.
- Don’t crush the pretzels – they’re better a little chunky.
- My son put some of these in the freezer and he said they were even better that way. So I frozen the leftovers.
- You can use any pan you have to make these. If you want, you can even use a normal pie plate and just make one big pie. You could also vary the type of cookie dough and pudding flavor. They would also be good with different types of fillings – like cream cheese and sugar (fruit pizza topping) or chocolate frosting. The candy topping could only be varied to go with the cookie flavor. There’s really no limit to the different combinations you could come up with.