This easy pasta dish goes together quickly, especially if you have frozen shredded chicken in your freezer. And the pesto sauce mix gives it a great flavor without any fuss.
- 8 ounces penne or any medium pasta
- 1 envelope pesto sauce mix
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- shredded parmesan cheese
Cook the pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, whisk together pesto mix, milk and oil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add chicken; heat through.
Drain pasta. Add to the sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
I found the pesto sauce mix at HyVee with the dry pasta (Knorr was the brand).
If you can’t find pesto sauce mix, you can make your own. I found several recipes on-line but I haven’t tried any of them yet.
This recipe made 4 servings, definitely not 6.
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- When Life Messes up your Menu Plan - March 13, 2016
- Why I Don’t Ever Want Another French Door Refrigerator - March 10, 2016
- When Your Best Friend Needs a Planner . . . - March 9, 2016